This is really a quick to make rich flavored Chili and one of my favorites And who doesn’t need a quick meal? The beef broth and Italian Sausage makes it different from your everyday chili. Serve it with toppings such as shredded cheese and sour cream. To complete the meal add some hot out of the oven cornbread. I like to mill corn and kamut grains to make whole grain cornbread. But, that is another Tidbit to Share with you for another day. Your family will ask for this yummy chili time and time again guaranteed. Enjoy!!!
Be sure to remove the casing from the sausage so you can crumble it. If the recipe calls for pieces of sausage you would leave the casing on and slice the sausage.
- 1/2 pound Italian Sausage (hot or mild - I use mild)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can beef broth (reg. soup can size)
- 2 cans black beans drained, (15 oz.)
- 1 can Pinto Beans (15.5oz)
- 2 cans tomato sauce (15oz)
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce or 1/2 tsp. chili powder (more if you like it hotter; can also add cayenne peper)
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Remove casing from sausage and discard.
- Cook sausage and onion (crumbling sausage as you cook) in large saucepan over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated and flavors are blended; stirring occasionally
- Serve with toppings like sour cream and shredded cheese.
- Tidbit Tip: Make a double batch and freeze one for later. I will always encourage you to double or even triple recipes. This chili freezes great and it is nice to have a meal ready in the freezer.