I don’t even know where to start to describe this oh so easy and delicious dessert. It is one of the favorites of the Apples of Gold team and students. My husband, Bill, loves, loves this dessert. The coffee flavor with chocolate and cream who wouldn’t love it? You can make it days ahead and serve it in beautiful glasses of all shapes and sizes or in simple clear plastic cups. It is also great for making a chocolate trifle, using as a fruit dip or to fill a cake. Your family and guests will think you have worked hard in the kitchen making such a gourmet dessert that is beautiful to serve and enjoy. It is so creamy and explodes with flavor with each bite. You can serve it with cookies; like in the photos or you can dress it up with some red, ripe raspberries. There is nothing better than chocolate and raspberries right? The Kahlua is optional so don’t worry if you don’t have any on hand. No reason to run off to the store to buy some for such a small amount that the recipe calls for, but if you do you could have Kahlua and coffee. Yum!!! Of, course I am going to encourage you to make a double recipe, and it works fine to double it, to share with friends and family bringing Joy into their lives. It will be “The Best You Ever Made”.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup hot coffee ( make with instant coffee in addition to the coffee granules that go into cream)
- ½ tablespoon Kahlua (optional)
- Whip the heavy whipping cream, instant coffee granules and powdered sugar till set - not stiff
- In Food Processor: pulverize the chocolate chips
- Add Hot Coffee to pulverized chocolate chips blend and then add Kahlua if using
- Keep ¼ cup of chocolate separate for garnish
- Pour chocolate into cream and Gently Fold together
- Spoon into glasses, bowls or tart shells
- Pour/Drizzle ¼ cup of garnish chocolate over the top of mousse and refrigerate at least two hours.
Use in a trifle
Use as a fruit dip
Use to fill between cake layers
Top a chocolate cake and add a can of cherry pie filling (Black Forest Cake)
Will keep 4 to 5 days covered in refrigerator or can be frozen.
If serving with a cookie straw don't insert till ready to serve.
Recipe from Anna Lee's