This Chocolate Chip Cheesecake it is one of my favorite desserts and I love it because it is easy to make and the recipe makes two. So, automatically you can share the joy of a yummy cheesecake with a neighbor or have one for the freezer. I also like that the recipe uses ready-made pie shells that have the bubble plastic covers which makes for easy transporting or freezing. I will have to say it is not the prettiest dessert I have ever made but the taste and texture is really wonderful. Of course, you can dress it up with whipped cream and fresh fruit. I took these pictures hastily because I was serving the cheesecake for our small group meeting. I do really well taking pictures as I go along preparing and cooking, but then I always seem in a hurry to take the finished pictures because we are always ready to eat what I have cooked.
This dessert would be great to take to your Easter Celebration. Adults and kids love it and so do our Apples of Gold team and students. We serve the cheesecakes, for 34 people, for week #5 but we make them on week #2 and put them in the freezer. So you could do the same. One year for Christmas I made lots of them and gifted my neighbors with a cheesecake. I can’t tell you how many I have made over the years. I hope you will try it and I bet it will become a favorite “go to” recipe for you. It could become your signature recipe. Who doesn’t love cheesecake right, especially with chocolate. Enjoy!!! It will be “The Best You Ever Made.”
- 4 Packages Cream Cheese (8 oz), Softened I used 2 original and 2 1/3 less fat
- 1 cup Sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mini-chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 Keebler Pie Shells -- You can use chocolate, graham cracker or shortbread
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees
- Cream the sugar and cream cheese till creamy and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time mixing well each time
- Add vanilla; stir well
- Add chocolate chips; stir well
- Pour into pie shells Tip: Place shells on cookie sheet for stability
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Check after 50 minutes (will probably crack on top)
- Cool and refrigerate. Serve Cold
- To Freeze: Wrap tightly in plastic wrap over the bubble cover; then wrap in foil
- To Serve: Thaw in refrigerate- serve cold.